Neo-nazis running the Camden debate?

As regular readers will be aware, Austrolabe’s mascot is the pigeon-chested anti-Muslim campaigner Darrin (sic) Hodges. Here he is above (on the far right, with red shirt and video camera) with people we assume are his fellow “protectionist” chums. With friends like this, it will come as no surprise that Darrin also appears to be or have been a regular contributor to the neo-Nazi forum Stormfront, where unlike the other hairy chested extremists, he lacks the instinct for self-preservation and posts under his own name. Genius like that can only be a gift from God……………………………to us.

More recently, Dazza has made an appearance on the ABC’s Q and A program during a debate on the Camden Islamic school controversy. Darrin appears, wearing a red shirt and tie, and proceeds to ask a series of ridiculous questions in his irritating nasal voice.

You can watch his performance below:

YouTube Preview Image

Hodges calls for all development to be subject to a “cultural impact statement” and responds to Australian Greens leader Bob Brown’s suggestion that Australian Muslims love their children with the compelling argument that “in Iran, you’d [Bob Brown] be hung”.

After watching his gormless public efforts, we can only conclude that the gene pool for the master race is rapidly shrinking. We also wonder how much of the so-called community resistance to the Islamic school is run by the neo-Nazi movement.

#1 @ndy on 06.03.08 at 4:14 pm

Hola.

Yeah: Darrin (not Darren) Hodges has been a fixture on the far right for a coupla years now. A few points:

The gathering in the photo above took place outside Kirribilli House in Sydney on October 8, 2005, and was called by the Australia First Party (AF — led by convicted criminal Dr James Saleam) in order to protest the suspension of former academic Andrew Fraser from Macquarie University. (Fraser gained notoriety for his comments on the low intelligence and criminality of blacks — he’s since gone on to involve himself in a number of far right organisations and gatherings, both in Australia and the US.) Hodges was, for a time, a member of AF, but was expelled from the party last year. He then joined the APP. The gathering itself consisted of members of AF as well as a number of boneheads (neo-Nazi skinheads).

Hodges was indeed a member of Stormfront, but eventually left the forum. His involvement was featured in an article by Joe Hildebrand:

“One active local member [of AF], who goes by the moniker “Proud to be an Infidel”, has been a regular contributor to international white supremacist organisation Stormfront.

Via a series of electronic footprints, anti-Nazi campaigner Mat Henderson-Hau has linked “Infidel” to Engadine local Darrin Hodges.

Hodges, who runs a website for a sex toy distributor, yesterday admitted to being a member of the racist Australia First Party but denied being a member of any white nationalist groups or a contributor to Stormfront.

His alleged alter ego is not so shy.

“Friends, today was an historic day, the day Australians stood up against state-imposed multiculturalism,” he wrote on the night of the Cronulla riots.

Accompanying his posting is a series of photographs he took at Cronulla that day, including one of a T-shirt emblazoned with the words “wog free zone” and another of a sign offering free sausages to the crowd, with “no tabouli”.

Infidel also speaks of footage he filmed on the day which Henderson-Hau believes was used in a video released over the weekend that glorifies a mob of rioters bashing various non-whites at Cronulla…

~ Joe Hildebrand, White supremacists casting a black cloud, The Daily Telegraph, December 20, 2005

As detailed in the link above, Hodges has also previously expressed his admiration for Hitler (although he has since disavowed support for Nazism). Outside of his performances in Camden, Hodges also posed in Sydney as a member of the fascist ‘black bloc’ during the APEC protests.

Bit of a wanker really.

Cheers,

@ndy.

#2 LDU on 06.03.08 at 8:12 pm

Hodges looks pregnant in that photo.

#3 Steve on 06.03.08 at 9:33 pm

Darrin’s Australian Protectionist Party theme song:

#4 Abdul Rahman on 06.03.08 at 10:07 pm

He’s been around for donkey’s years, I’m pretty sure he goes back to when the neo-nazis were shooting each other in the early 90’s.

#5 @ndy on 06.03.08 at 10:50 pm

You mean the good old days?

#6 Cinna on 06.03.08 at 11:59 pm

“Darrin also appears to be or have been a regular contributor to the neo-Nazi forum Stormfront, where unlike the other hairy chested extremists, he lacks the instinct for self-preservation and posts under his own name. ”

#7 antish on 06.04.08 at 10:11 am

I really doubt that Hodges is “running’ the debate. He is trying to attract attention by associating himsef with the debate, just as he did after Cronulla.

Laughing at neo-Nazis could be a good community-building exersize for Camden.

#8 antish on 06.04.08 at 11:30 am

Cinna – I know that it’s paranoia, but your post and the OP could be construed as threats. Dazza is to be laughed at and his silly antics to be thwarted but not threatened with violence. (I fully realize that that isn’t what you meant, but …)

#9 pixi on 06.04.08 at 12:53 pm

moslems dont know anything about islam. i know so much more about their koran than they do.
bob brown would be dead because hes gay. and dont even get me started on his religious beliefs.
and i would have a problem because I would not be able to molest children anymore

no islam in australia. its hate disguised as religious ideology

gary glitter forever

#10 Abdul Rahman on 06.04.08 at 4:45 pm

No Adny,
I mean the bad old days, you should know better than that!

ps with a tag like Cinna maybe the threat of violence is real.

pixi are you a real live troll or just masqerading as Darrin?

#11 @ndy on 06.04.08 at 5:11 pm

Abdul,

Yeah I know. It’s just that IF neo-Nazis are going to murder anyone, personally, I’d prefer it if it was each other rather than people who, say, made the mistake of being born with the wrong colour skin — as in Russia, where 41 people have been murdered by neo-Nazis in the first three months of 2008 — or who object to their fascist politics (Nikolai Girenko, Timur Kacharava, Aleksandr “Shtopor” Ryukhin, Alexei Krylov). Or even someone, such as Nicola Tommasoli — murdered in Verona, Italy, on May 1 this year — who apparently committed the crime of refusing to give a bonehead a cigarette. Also Carlos Javier Palomino in Madrid in November 2007 and Jan Kučera in Prague in January 2008…

#12 Abdul Rahman on 06.04.08 at 5:17 pm

Misunderstanding I think. When I talk about the bad old days I mean when I was a misled anarchist who mixed in the circles of people who fought these numbskulls “toe to toe” as they say.
I must be mistaking you for another Andy who shouldn’t be wasting time on the Interweb.

#13 Cinna on 06.04.08 at 6:13 pm

Sorry, Antish: something went wrong and my post was not complete. Should read:

Unless it is someone else with the instinct for self-preservation who uses the pseudonym Darrin Hodges to post, out of malice or humour.

Abdul Rahman: you forget; there were two Cinnas. One was a conspirator, the other was murdered because he was mistaken for him.

#14 @ndy on 06.04.08 at 6:34 pm

Abdul,

Sweet. I think I may know who/what yr talking about, but there’s lots of Andys out there eh… I’ve been mistaken for a number of them.

#15 Darrin Hodges on 06.04.08 at 9:34 pm

So isn’t it interesting that the strongest resurgence of neo-Nazism is occuring in former communist countries…..

#16 Abdul Rahman on 06.05.08 at 12:59 am

touche. suitably chastised I look towards my bookshelf, braincells dimly aching.

#17 antish on 06.05.08 at 1:04 am

No? Why? The strongest resurgence of communism is also in former communist countries. A people who have been totally disenfranchised is not likely to have many choices as to their favoured form of government and will tend to choose the familiar comforts of totalitarianism.

It’s the utter idiocy of people living on long-established democracies who choose Nazism that boggles the mind.

#18 Abdul Rahman on 06.05.08 at 2:21 am

Why antish are you a closet conspiracy theorist? I really don’t see the likes of the Muslim posters here being that crowd of nut whatever our faults you have completely missed your mark unless you are talking about Pixi.

#19 Eudaemonion on 06.05.08 at 3:41 am

I’m fairly certain that anti-semitism goes with the neo_Nazi territory, so I’m not sure how helpful that particular hint is to Darren. However, please do not hesitate with the Zionist plots. We love a good yarn.

#20 Darrin Hodges on 06.05.08 at 8:54 am

No antish, the leap from communism to Nazism isn’t that great, since they are merely competing branches of socialism.

“Hint for Daz – start with the anti-semitism and the Zionist plots and you’ll get some followers here.”

Can’t say it interests me antish, but if you follow up on this you’ll have a good head start, since Islamic eschatology requires the extermination of all Jews as a precursor to the end times.

#21 Abdul Rahman on 06.05.08 at 11:40 am

“Islamic eschatology requires the extermination of all Jews as a precursor to the end times.”
More kaffir expertise. What a pathetic joke. Go tell someone who cares.

#22 Darrin Hodges on 06.05.08 at 12:00 pm

What a surprise, another Muslim who doesn’t understand what they believe.

#23 antish on 06.05.08 at 1:17 pm

Eudi – I know. And I do apologize to readers here for implying paranoia about zionism. I you read a lot of Muslim sites (as I did last weekend) you tend to get the impression that most Muslims believe that zionists control the world. I know that that isn’t so.

Daz – I’m pointing out the close affinity between batshit insane neo-Nazis and batshit insane “fundamentalist” Muslims. Both totalitarian, both with a rabid hatred of ‘Zionists’, both seeing their most sacred identity (race/religion) under threat of extinction, and both seeing violence as a perhaps regrettable but necessary tool.

#24 Abdul Rahman on 06.05.08 at 9:25 pm

Well its hardly surprising that you consider yourself an expert on Islam Darrin isn’t it? Pray tell where did you recieve your ijaza for extracting rulings from hadith? I am surprised that you have a working knowledge of fusha to say the least. I am impressed that you actually know what the word eschatology means.

antish, it is fundamental to Nazi ideology that sorelian violence is not regrettable but ideal and essential to the whole paleogenetic renewal project. It helps reinvigorate the master race, quite unlike the miscegenation that I am unashamedly guilty of, but then unlike Darrin and his mates, we actually have an iron cross or two in the family and don’t feel the need to fantasise endlessly about them. A quick look at historians like Mann and Payne will help anyone wanting to know where current scholarship on that repugnant pseudo-religion stands.

Incidently antish what do you know “that isn’t so”, that Jews don’t run the world? Or that most of us don’t buy the guff that they do?

#25 antish on 06.06.08 at 1:02 am

Abdul Rahman – sorry, my post was unclear – I meant that I know it isn’t the case that most Muslims believe that Zionism runs the world.

(I also, of course, don’t believe that Zionism runs the world. Althougb frankly, if we HAD to have one culture running the world -and it’s an idea I abhor – I’d choose Jews.)

#26 Eudaemonion on 06.06.08 at 4:51 am

I sincerely hope we NEVER have anything approximating World Government. *shudder*

#27 antish on 06.07.08 at 2:49 am

Some functions of government would obviously be more efficiently run on a world-wide scale. (After all, “the market has decreed that massive global corporations are what it wants. ) The astoundingly successful response to the ozone hole is a good example. Now if we could only manage that for global warming…

Seriously, many issues are currently dealt with on a world-wide level, with co-operation between governments. Obviously it is simpler (and perhaps only possible) with issues which can be quantified by scientific fact, such as regulating fisheries or wiping out smallpox.

#28 GMan on 06.08.08 at 5:22 pm

If the United Nations is any indication, I doubt that any sort of world government will achieve much Antish. Nobody likes an absentee landlord.

#29 antish on 06.09.08 at 3:49 pm

I’m not especially arguing for a world government, just pointing out that good things can happen if a worldwide approach is taken – eg stopping the ozone hole and wiping out smallpox.

#30 skepticlawyer on 07.03.08 at 10:07 pm

OT: Why are they flying the Scottish Saltire? I thought these types usually went for the Eureka Flag (which is a pity, really, the Eureka Flag is visually very striking).

#31 Abdul Rahman on 09.04.08 at 8:38 am

You can catch up with Darrin at www.darrinhodges.com for some light pre-election relief.

#32 Austrolabe » Darrin Hodges seeks election on 09.07.08 at 2:25 am

[...] Darrin Hodges will be no stranger to regular readers of this site.  His performance on the ABC’s Q&A should be required viewing for anyone interested in perfecting the art of making ridiculous comments on television.  Sadly, however, it’s been a while since we’ve seen or heard anything from him. [...]