Jaan J non-silk neckties

I have purchased five of these ties and find them excellent quality, and the service to be superb.

Jaan J non-silk neckties

Disclosure:

I have no financial interest in the company or product, nor have I or this site been given any honoraria for posting this link.

#1 T cell on 03.21.08 at 10:01 pm

Baybers,

I know what the HT guys will say: sure the ties are not made of silk, but nowhere and I mean nowhere do the ties advocate the return of the Khalifah or deconstruct the western capitalist paradigm; therefore they are not ideologically pure.

#2 Sara Tancredi on 03.21.08 at 10:35 pm

Oh my gosh, T cell, I was going to make an uppity remark about HT and the tie thread too. Scary, huh?

I think you’re wrong, though. Their approach will be that ties are a Western invention and therefore evul.

#3 DD on 03.21.08 at 10:39 pm

The reality is that the reality of the tie is that it is, in reality, a crucifix and therefore we can only understand it in the context of the Western imperialistic occupation of Iraq and Palestine.

#4 Irfan Yusuf on 03.24.08 at 1:05 pm

My Grade 6 teacher (who was a stickler for the classics) taught me that the tie originated from ancient Persia. Persian troops used to wear them around their neck so that they could wipe the sweat from their brow in battle. The Greeks then adopted it.

#5 Umer on 03.24.08 at 2:18 pm

The first time I heard that the tie was really a crucifix was in one of Abu Bakr’s (Abdul Nacer Benbrika) lessons at Preston Mosque a few years back. He also forbade his from eating croissants because it’s crusader food and is meant to symbolise Islam.

#6 Burnum on 03.24.08 at 6:47 pm

Your teacher was wrong, the Tie was originated in France after the nobles started copying the fashion of the their Croatian mercenaries.

#7 Amir on 03.24.08 at 7:38 pm

The earliest known tie was worn by the Chinese emperor Shih Huan Ti in 210 B.C. The Croatians didn’t invent the cravat until the 17th century.

#8 Dawud on 05.07.08 at 6:39 am

I just bought a cotton tie from Jaan J. The Home of Non Silk Cotton Ties. I also found them to have excellent quality and the service to be superb.

#9 Shadower on 05.07.08 at 9:19 pm

I tend to have more ties than shirts that go with them lol, though the Jaan J ones do look great. I have bookmarked the site for when I will need to purchase more.

#10 Dawud on 05.27.08 at 12:53 am

Sorry, if my last link didn’t work. Here’s the proper link Jaan J. – The Home of Non Silk Cotton Ties

#11 Abu Rahmah on 05.29.08 at 10:42 pm

Guys,

As well as Jaan J, here is another non silk tie designer who is based in UK and delivers worldwide by Fed Ex.
They also have a range of Muslim Friendly accessories…check it out!

Check it out www.tigerandlilly.co.uk