HT to launch magazine

The News Limited papers are reporting today that Hizb ut-Tahrir will be launching a magazine this week.

THE hardline Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir is poised to launch its first magazine in Sydney this week to be distributed on university campuses, sparking concerns the group is ramping up its activities in Australia.

The plan for the publication, called Idialogue, has terrorism experts worried about the potential infiltration of universities by radical groups seeking recruits.

#1 G-man on 04.07.08 at 2:31 pm

Well, no problem. Islamists all over the planet have spent the last few weeks telling us that freedom of speech is not absolute and Islamic countries just effectively killed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights with the backing of those bastions of freedom Cuba, Russia and China (www.iheu.org/node/3123). So I guess our government should feel free to ban HT and anything they may wish to publish. What sort of argument could they put up?

#2 Julaybib on 04.07.08 at 3:44 pm

Terrific! I need a bit of light, comic reading!

#3 Pete on 04.07.08 at 7:09 pm

I am going to go out on a limb and say the first episode will include an article about establishing a global caliphate. Anyone want to bet with me?

#4 Shadower on 04.07.08 at 9:31 pm

G-Man that article is just a tad over dramatic don’t you think?

What is a “terrorism expert” and why are they worried about HT? Personally I have never known HT to be taken seriously within the Islamic community, funny though.

#5 Ibrahim on 04.07.08 at 11:28 pm

I would think that this is exactly what you want to encourage if you think the group is dodgy. Let them publish their views in a paper and be open about what they want and think. Isn’t that better than banning them and pushing them underground?

#6 Mohammed on 04.07.08 at 11:33 pm

Umm, Idialogue? As in idia [sic]? I hope this is a typo and they mean Idealogue or something.

Speaking of ideas, here’s one: try not to embarrass us again. Kthx.

#7 Scully on 04.08.08 at 12:29 am

i was of the opinion that it was a play on words. they changed the end part of idealogue to dialogue, as in dialogue with the people. im sure thats what they meant!

#8 Sadi on 04.08.08 at 12:29 am

You’re on Pete. Hey it’s non-monetary relax.

Mohammed bro mashallah nice pickup. Have a closer look once it comes out inshallah.

#9 Cinna on 04.08.08 at 7:09 am

With that title, surely they’re trying to recruit illiterates.

#10 G-man on 04.08.08 at 11:41 am

No I don’t think it’s overly dramatic Shadower. Do a search and you’ll find plenty of other articles on the issue. I might think it were an overreaction if it weren’t for the complicity of the idiot Left in Western countries in assisting despotic nations trying to erode free speech.

#11 Mohammed on 05.04.08 at 2:58 am

I saw the magazine in the wild the other day. The name is confusing. It wasn’t until I saw Scully’s comment again (above) that it kind of, sort of made sense. Perhaps they should have used a hyphen after the I to sort of emphasise the dialogue part. Dunno.

For the record, I did not see the magazine because it had a $3.50 price tag. There is no way on al-ard that I will pay to support HT’s propaganda machine.